公司上班,每個禮拜總有大大小小的會議,但同事間關於會議冗長無重點且拖泥帶水的抱怨也時有耳聞。要節省大家時間、以簡明扼要的效率達成共識,用對正確的會議語言就很重要。對的語句不僅能保持專業與禮貌,更能在自己與與會者心中默默切分出會議的節奏重點,讓討論事半功倍。
以下是 Virtual Speech 提供的一些實用英語會議用語,未來若碰上英語開會的情形就能派上用場:
Let’s Begin!
認識彼此,了解會議目的
公司會議開始時,首先得簡單做個自我介紹,然後視情況需要,簡明扼要一一介紹在座的每個與會者,然後提出這次會議的主要目的,替在場的同事們做暖身。
自我介紹時,建議可以使用以下幾個句子:
1 “Good morning / afternoon.”
早安 / 午安
2 “Let’s begin!”
我們開始吧!
3 “I’d like to welcome everyone.”
我想要歡迎所有參加的人。
4 “Since everyone is here, let’s get started!”
既然大家都在這了,那我們開始吧!
5 “I’d like to thank everyone for coming today”
我想先謝謝大家今天來這裡。
6 “I’m [ XXX ], I arranged this meeting because…”
我是 [ 名字以及自己的頭銜],我安排這個會議是為了...[ 簡述會議目的 ]。
假如在場有新同事或是來自不同公司的與會者,記得要視情況請大家簡單做個自我介紹。
這時候可以使用的語句有:
1 “Let’s go around the table and introduce ourselves, [name] do you want to start?”
我們順著座位順序介紹一下自己吧![ 某人名字 ] 你想要先開始嗎?
2“Let’s introduce ourselves quickly - please state your name, job title and why you are here”
我們先來簡短介紹一下自己 - 請告訴大家你的名字,職稱,以及為什麼你來參加這場會議。
大家都瞭解來者何人,所為何來後,記得把大家的注意力抓回來,簡單提出這次會議的目的:
1 “I've called this meeting in order to......”
我召集這次會議,是為了......。
2 “We’re here today to discuss......”
我們今天在這裡,是要討論......。
3 “There are [number] items on the agenda. First......”
今天有 [ 數字 ] 項事情要在會議上討論。首先......。
4 “Today I would like to outline our plans for…...”
今天我想要替我們的 [ XXX ] 計畫做出概述。
Getting involved:
專業而禮貌的反駁、提問與討論
會議正式開始後,針對不同的訊息,大家可能會提出反駁、提問與進一步討論。把下面幾句學起來,就能在重點時刻派上用場:
1 “Excuse me for interrupting,......”
抱歉我打個岔,......
2 “Sorry, but just to clarify...”
不好意思,但想要澄清一下......。
3 “Can you repeat that please?”
你可以再講一次嗎?
4 “I don't fully understand what you mean. Could you explain it from a different angle?”
我沒有完全搞懂你的意思。可以請你用別的角度再解釋一次嗎?
5 “Could you explain to me how that is going to work?”
你可以向我解釋一下這如何可行嗎?
6 “I've never thought about it that way before. How does it affect [this point]”
這件事我從來沒從那方向想過。這會怎麼影響 [ 某個點 ]?
7 “That’s an excellent point [person’s name], what about doing [action point] as well?”
[ 某人的名字 ] 提出的點很棒,那假如也做 [ 某個計畫或動作提案 ] 的話呢?
8 “From our departments perspective, it’s a little more complicated. Let me explain”
從我們部門的角度來看,會有一點複雜,讓我解釋一下。
9 "Are there any more comments?”
還有人有其他想法嗎?
10 “What do you think about this proposal?”
你覺得這個提案怎麼樣?
11 “Are there any areas of this project we are not thinking about?”
關於這個案子,還有哪些區塊我們還沒有想到的?
Presenting:
用對語句,抓緊讀者注意力
假如今天你要上台報告,用對英文語句就特別重要。正確的語句不僅有其本身的意義,更能幫助讀者切分與轉換重點,不讓整體注意力分散掉。
1 “Thank you for getting here on time. Today we’re here to discuss...”
謝謝大家準時到。今天我們要來討論......。
2 “We’re here to discuss the progress on [name of project] project”
我們要來討論 [ 某計畫名字 ] 計畫的進度。
3 “The presentation will cover these [number of points] topics.”
這個報告將會帶到這 [ 數字 ] 個主題。
4 “To summarize then, let me just run through what we’ve agreed here”
為了統整一下,讓我再走一遍我們在這裡同意的一些點。
5 “Before we end, let me just summarize the three main points”
結束之前,讓我總結一下這三個主要重點。
6 “Any final thoughts before we close the meeting?”
在結束會議之前,還有什麼最後的想法嗎?
7 “If you have further questions or want to discuss any of it in more detail, we can meet privately or you can send me an email [have email address on the final presentation slide]”
如果還有其他問題,或是想要更細節地討論任何內如,我們可以私底下見面,你也可以寄封 e-mail 給我。(在報告畫面上寫出自己的 e-mail 地址)
8 “I’d like to thank everyone for sharing their time today and any feedback would be valuable.”
我要感謝在場的各位分享今天的時間,任何回饋都很寶貴。
9 “Are there any objections to what I covered?”
對於我剛說的,有任何反對嗎?
Other:
面對會議大小事,不妨學會這幾句......
會議中遇到各種提問、打岔、道歉、遲到早退等大小事情時,不妨學會以下幾句有效溝通:
1 “Can we come back to that point later? Let me just finish what I was saying.”
我們可以等一下再回來講這個點嗎?先讓我講完我正在說的。
2 “I understand that we can’t do that, but can we discuss some other alternatives?”
我了解我們無法這樣做,但我們可以討論其他可能性嗎?
3 “I agree with what you are saying, however have you considered [different method]?”
我同意你剛說的,但你有考慮到 [ 某個別的方法 ] 嗎?
4 “We’ve gone slightly off topic, let us get back to [main agenda].”
我們有點離題了,讓我們回到 [ 主要的議程 ] 吧。
5 “Excuse me for being late, I was....”
抱歉遲到了,我剛剛......
6 “Excuse me, unfortunately I have to leave early. I need to be [briefly explain where you need to be]”
不好意思我得提早離開。我要 [ 簡短解釋一下你要幹嘛 ]。
7 “I’ve got to shoot off, I’ve got overlapping meetings”
我得先走了,我有會議重疊到。
8 “I’d like to continue this conversation at a second meeting, when are you free next ?”
我希望能再開一次會繼續這個討論,你接下來什麼時候有空呢?
9 “We haven’t covered everything we needed to, shall we set up another meeting?”
我們沒有討論完所有該講的東西,我們再安排另一個會議吧?
10 “Before the next meeting, I want [action point] completed so we can discuss the results.”
下一次開會前,我希望 [ 某件事 ] 能先完成,這樣我們才能討論結果。
Art Design : Chara