還記得某天我正認真趕稿,突然手機鈴響,接起來,是在某機構工作的行員朋友打來的。他語氣急切,原來是行裡來了一個外國客,一句中文都不會說,當日值班的也沒人會講英文,於是朋友打電話給我求救,要我直接現場與對方對話,看看究竟來意如何。
職場上,難免會遇到需要用英文講電話的時候,可能是打電話給國外客戶確認資料,或是等待一通國外公司的信息。商務往來的電話英語,比一般生活的電話英語更注重專業感與禮貌,以下幾個必備英文語句,默記下來,有天會派上用場:
#1
Hello/Good morning/Good afternoon. [Company name], [your name] speaking, how may I help you?
嗨 / 早安 / 午安。[ 公司名 ],這是 [ 你的名字 ],請問有什麼需要幫忙的嗎?
#2
ex. Good afternoon. AMagazine, Daisy speaking, how may I help you?
午安。這是 AMagazine 的 Daisy,請問有什麼需要幫忙的嗎?
#1
Hello, this is [your name] from [company name].
嗨,這是 [公司名] 的 [你的名字]。
ex. Hello, this is Jill from JH Creative.
#2
May I speak to [person’s name]?
我可以和 [某人名字] 說話嗎?
ex. May I speak to Ms. Cheng?
#3
I’d like to speak to [person’s name], please.
我想和 [某人名字] 講電話,麻煩了。
ex. I’d like to speak to Ms. Cheng, please.
#1
I’m calling to ask about/discuss/clarify...
我打來是要詢問 / 討論 / 澄清......
ex. I'm calling to ask about the price.
我打來是想詢問價錢。
#2
Could you tell me…?
可以請你告訴我...?
ex. Could you tell me the address of Friday’s event?
可以請你告訴我禮拜五活動的地址嗎?
#1
I’m sorry, she/he’s not here today. Can I take a message?
不好意思,她/他今天不在。我可以留個信息嗎?
#2
I’m afraid she/he’s not available at the moment. Can I take a message?
她/他人現在恐怕不在位置上。我可以留個信息嗎?
#3
Could I ask who’s calling, please?
可以請問一下您貴姓大名嗎?
#4
I’ll give him/her your message as soon as he/she gets back.
等他/她回來後,我會盡快向他/她傳遞信息。
#5
I’ll ask him to call you as soon as he gets back.
等他回來後,我會叫他盡快給你回電。
#1
Could you please take a message? Please tell her/him that...
可以請你幫我轉達個信息嗎?請告訴她/他......。
ex. Could you please take a message? Please tell her that Mr. Hu is still waiting for her call.
可以請你幫我轉達個信息嗎?請告訴她胡先生還在等她電話。
#2
I’d like to leave her/him a message. Please let her/him know that...
我想留個信息給她/他。請讓她/他知道......。
ex. I’d like to leave her a message. Please let her know that Mr. Hu is still waiting for her call.
我想留個信息給她。請讓她知道胡先生還在等她電話。
#1
When is a good time to call?
什麼時候打電話方便?
#2
When is she/he going to be back?
她/他什麼時候回來?
#1
Could you spell that for me, please?
可以請你拼出來給我聽嗎?
#2
How do you spell that, please?
請問那個字怎麼拼?
#3
Would you mind speaking up a bit? I can’t hear you very well.
可以請你提高一點音量嗎?我聽不太清楚你的聲音。
#4
I’m sorry, I didn’t catch your first name.
不好意思,我沒聽清楚你的名字是什麼?
#5
I’m afraid I can’t give you that information.
很抱歉,我恐怕不能提供你這個訊息。
#6
Thank you very much for your help.
感謝你的幫忙。
#7
Thanks for calling.
謝謝您來電。
#8
Thank you for your time.
謝謝您撥冗。
Art Design : Vickey