單身沒有錯,扭曲的是人們怎麼看待單身的朋友。
一個人獨來獨往久了,即使過得舒服愉快,旁人卻還是覺得你在強裝堅強,甚至可能還藏著什麼不可告人的隱疾,才會這樣孤孤單單一個人。聚會上與人聊到感情話題,單身者常常會明裡暗裡接收到尖銳的質疑,下次認識新朋友時,若又遇到對方以夾帶著憐憫與震驚的口吻拋出一句 “OMG you’re single!?”,不妨回敬以下精彩的英文回覆,替其他單身同胞們帥氣擋下一箭:
Why are you still single?
談到感情時,單身者常常會隱隱約約感覺到對方的好奇或質疑。常見的問法例如:
1 Why are you still single? 為什麼你還單身?
2 How do you do on the weekends? 你假日怎麼過?
3 Do you think your standards are too high? 你覺得自己標準會不會太高?
4 Who do you go to the movies with? 你都跟誰去看電影?
5 Do you want me to set you up with someone? 你想要我介紹人給你認識嗎?
6 Do you watch a lot of porn? 你看很多成人片嗎?
7 What do your parents think? Are they disappointed? 你爸媽怎麼想?他們會覺得失望嗎?
8 Do you ever think you may be the problem? 你想過問題可能出在你自己身上嗎?
9 Do you believe in love? 你相信愛嗎?
10 Are you lonely? 你寂寞嗎?
11 How does the fact that all your friends are getting married make you feel? 你身邊所有朋友都結婚了,你感覺如何?
Why? Cause it’s awesome.
# 定下來?老套。
I'm focusing on my career because it’s 2019 and that’s what people do now.
我正專注在我的事業上,因為現在已經是 2019 年,而這就是大家現在在做的事情。
# 寧缺勿濫
I’d rather be happy and single than unhappy and in a relationship – wouldn’t you?
我寧願開心的單身,也不要不開心的處在一段關係 --- 你不會嗎?
# 視個人舒適為最大優先
Because the ordinary people I meet bore me. I also love walking around wearing pajama pants and no bra.
因為我遇到的凡人讓我感到無趣。同時我也喜歡穿著睡衣不穿胸罩走來走去。
# 自己價值自己定義
I don’t need a boyfriend to prove that I’m worth something.
我不需要靠擁有一個男朋友來證明我值得什麼東西。
# 為什麼你不是單身?
Why are YOU in a relationship?
那你為什麼在一段關係?
# 充滿愛與熱情的關係
I’m not single, I’m married to food.
我不是單身,我和美食結婚。
# 誠實以對,是成熟表現
Meeting someone special would be great, but I just haven’t met him yet. It’s not an easy task, and I want to get it right.
能遇到特別的人就太好了,但我還沒遇上那個人。這不是個簡單的事情,但是我想要做對的事。
# 什麼事情都是有好有壞
What’s wrong with being single?
單身有什麼錯嗎?
# 人名可自由替換成任何夢中情人
Bradley Cooper is already taken.
Bradley Cooper 已經死會了。
# 單身比交往中更快樂
Because I haven’t met anyone that feels better than being alone.
因為我還沒遇到讓我感覺比自己一人還好的那個人。
# 還沒玩夠呢
Why settle for one boyfriend when I can have seven?
如果可以擁有七個男友,為何我要為一個人定下來?
# 原因其實很簡單
Honestly, being single is really fun.
說真的,單身真的很好玩。
# 單身是個人哲學展現
I have learned to love being alone with all of the freedom and creative time it’s afforded me. If someone wants to be in my life they have to enhance my life. If not, I’ll stay single.
我學會單身帶給我的自由和富有創造力的時光。如果有人想要進入我的生命,他必須能提升我的生命。如果不行,那我就保持單身。
# 簡短有力的回答就足夠
Because it’s awesome.
因為很讚。
# 我的價值在 IG 上展現
Yes I'm single, but have you seen my Instagram follower count?
我是單身沒錯,但你有看到我 IG 的追蹤人數嗎?
# 「單身」是哲學存在問題
Aren’t we ALL single, really? Deep down? When we die?
我們不都是獨自一人的嗎?在內心深處?當我們死去的時候?
# 趁亂告白
Because you're still taken.
因為你還不是單身。
Read More
>>> 「結婚很好單身也很好」:插畫家筆下,一個女人的「成功」有很多種
>>> 寫實到可怕!20 歲跟 30 歲單身女生的 10 個差別,看完笑到流淚大讚
Art Design: Alice